The Chicago Area Writing Project (CAWP) is celebrating 35 years of helping teachers, schools and district improve literacy instruction for K-12 students. CAWP offers professional development programs at your schools and in your districts in writing, reading, emergent literacy, content area reading and writing, assessment and more.
- On May 2, four CAWP Teacher Consultants will participate in a panel discussion on Close Readings of Complex Kind flyer May 2, 2014 across the grades and then we’ll have break out sessions (K-2, gr. 3-5, gr. 6-8) on grade-specific teaching strategies and resources. This is a repeat of our March 14 workshop that filled so quickly, we needed to offer it again!
Just click the “Programs” tab above, find the Spring 2014 Teacher Programs and scroll down for more information and registration forms.
NEW! Veteran teachers (3 or more years experience) who would like to become CAWP Teacher Consultants, can apply for our 2014 CAWP Summer Institute Plus Application (Extended Deadline). We’ve extended the deadline one week, so you still have time to apply. It’s free for accepted educators and has been described as an epiphanal professional experience. Extended application deadine: April 25, 2014.
Our first round of great summer programs is all set to go! Register for individual workshops or the entire series on one topic. Click here for CAWP Summer 2014 Workshop Series flyer.
- Technology and Writing (iPads, essential apps, publishing student writing)
- K-2 Writing (Narrative, Opinion, Explanatory, Shared Research)
- Gr. 3-8 Walking Through the Writing Process
- Reading Basics for Content Area Teachers in grades 5-10
If you’re interested in hearing about CAWP programs, add your name and email to our mailing list by clicking Contact Us above and include the sessions/ topics that interest you in the comment section. Hope to see you soon!
- Barbara Kato, CAWP Director