We’re so excited that this summer we are able to offer some free a.m. workshops focusing on our older students. These workshops are designed for secondary teachers for two very specific and high-stakes writing genres:
Friday, July 7 (9a.m.-noon) Understanding the SAT (Registration deadline: June 30)
Friday, July 21 (9a.m.-noon) The College Essay (Registration deadline: July 17)
CAWP Teacher Consultant Patti Delacruz has studied both of these, and her students have benefited! Help your students too and sign up for these great workshops soon! CPDUs provided.
LOCATION: UIC campus 1640 W. Roosevelt Road Chicago, IL
Click here for the cawp-summer-2017-general-teacher-workshop-calendar.
Check out this page later this summer to get a jump on our open-enrollment Fall 2017 Teacher Workshops!
Tentative topics include:
- How to Encourage and Support the K-2 Writer
- Understanding Reading and Writing on the PARCC
- Beginning Literary Analysis
- From Writing Process to Writing Workshop
- Using Mentor Texts to Improve Writing
- Starting at the Beginning: Great Prewriting Strategies (Narrative)
- Argument Writing using Multiple Texts
University of Illinois at Chicago
DHSP Bldg., 1640 W. Roosevelt Rd., Chicago, IL